Dear CCMA Friends and Partners,
Thanks to you and our wonderful team at the CCMA, 2018 has been a big year. Some of our highlights have been:
- Increased participation in our on-ground works programs, citizen science programs, and community grants programs
- Awarding 44 contracts to landholders supporting 88 km of river frontage and 385 ha of land under active management
- Celebration of 25 years of Waterwatch
- Supporting the Moorabool Aboriginal Water project with the Wadawurrung, including a Fishing Clinic delivered with Fishcare and enhanced by timing of a Summer Fresh Environmental Water Release.
- Delivery of whole farm planning to 9 dairy farmers from the Gellibrand catchment
- Inclusion of a Wadawurrung Cultural Heritage Expert on the technical panel of the Upper Barwon Yarrowee Leigh FLOW study
- Flood recovery, including 180 m of stepped rock beaching, track reinstatement and bollard installation at the Lions Park in Colac
- Managing water for the environment on the Barwon and Moorabool Rivers
- Securing Victorian Government funding for Ramsar wetland management
- Securing Victorian Government funding for recreational facilities on the Barwon River
- Completing the Regional Flood Plain Management Strategy
- Establishing a new Corangamite Catchment Partnership Agreement
Thank you and we look forward to working with you, our partners and community members, to continue to build a healthy, productive, and thriving Corangamite catchment in 2019.
All the very best from all of us at the CCMA.
– Graham Phelps, CEO Corangamite CMA